The Lead-Safe Certified Guide to Renovate Right
This pamphlet, from the U.S. Environmental Agency, is for you if you:
• Reside in a home built before 1978.
• Own or operate a child care facility, including preschools and kindergarten classrooms, built before 1978, or
• Have a child under six years of age who attends a child care facility built before 1978.
This pamphlet will explain:
• Basic facts about lead and your health.
• How to choose a contractor, if you are a property owner.
• What tenants, and parents/guardians of a child in a child care facility or school should consider.
• How to prepare for the renovation or repair job.
• What to look for during the job and after the job is done.
• Where to get more information about lead.